Sunday 22 April 2012

Precious Puzzles

Whether it be jewellery making or mosaicing, both are a combination and an assembly of small pieces whether they be engineered components out of precious metal or handcut pieces of glass and mirror. Proportions and functionallity have to be considered in both to gaurantee that the end product result in something beautiful.



Six Little Dickie Birds

As a jeweller I am fascintated by detail, colour and design and the combining of these elements into a pleasing aesthetic whole has led me to explore mosaicing techniques.


Flaming Firepetals Mirror

 I am intrigued by how the small pieces make up the big picture. As with pixels and puzzles, there is always the perfect piece. As a sideline I have created a range of mirrors and mosaics in which hints of colour compliment the silvery reflectiveness and allow the detail to take centre stage.


Lovebird Mirrors

As with my jewellery where each piece is hand made with the mosaicing I handcut all the mirror and
tiles to ensure a quality pattern and picture.


Lotus Leaf Mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment