Sunday 16 October 2011

Adi adventures to London




I recently had the amazing opportunity to step away from my workbench and out of Cape Town to spend time with my family in London as well as Ireland.


WOW.
Great to change ones reality from time to time.

When I am in Cape Town I tend to get sucked into the universe of my workshop and exist happily amongst my tools,thoughts & lots of little things.

But adventure came knocking and I set off to my sister in Bethnal Green where I was greeted with a view on  a canal & park.
A magical city backdrop indeed.

Since I went on an extended visit and had to do some preparation for the 56 rings exhibition, I set out on a quest to find a workshop to do some work from.
After viewing a few places I connected with Vicky Forrester of Flux Studios and immediately knew it was the right spot for me.



 
Vicky Forrester







                                       





Flux Studios is located in Vanguard Court,  a cobbled yard in Camberwell, among several other creative studios.
          
                                                                  Alex Yule: Flux member
They offer jewellery making courses & classes,studio access for members to do their own work and organise events and exhibitions.



I enjoyed the comfortable & friendly atmosphere at Flux Studios and felt very at home working there. 
I hope there will be another opportunity to connect in future!
         
 
Claire Hart: Flux member



my bench at Flux Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment