Sunday 12 August 2012

Taking pictures       by MAike Valcarcel
                                                                                                      

We are goldsmiths, not photographers.
But most of us do take the pictures of our jewellery ourselves. We need them for our website,
For advertising, for our records….
Hey, but it`s not easy to take good pictures. I for one have never learned to use my camera properly and its not just a matter of aiming and shooting.
Background, lighting, sharpness, composition all play a mayor role.
So I try my best but the results are limited.
But then once in a while we are treated to professional pictures.
We are asked to provide jewellery for photo shoots being it for magazines, online shops, online magazines, brochures…
The results can be amazing!:

    Left:      2 of my rings on the left and 2 of Frieda`s rings on the right
   Centre:  my felted flower rings in a photo shoot by HalfHalo
   Right:    rings of mine used in an editorial called “before you kill us all” by Darren Gwynn






 Pictures taken by Elsofie Pitout of Half Halo
Jewellery by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment